The Shawshank Redemption

Category: By Shankar

This movie actually changed my perspective about watching movies. According to me "The Shawshank Redemption" is one of the best movies of the early 90s. Actually this movie was released in 1994 but it so happened that i saw it just a couple of years back.

"The Shawshank Redemption" released in the year 1994,a drama film was directed by Frank Darabont who also handled the screenplay. To mention in particular the screenplay of the movie was awesome!!

The character Andy Dufresne was well played by Tim Robbins and the character Red was played my favorite actor Morgan Freeman. His narration was another spectacle of the movie. I cant really figure out what makes his narrations so unique.

I dint expect the movie to be so good at the beginning. But i was wrong, rather it turned out to be the best film that i have seen. I especially liked Morgan freeman. I am a huge fan of him.

The climax of the movie was everything. One can never expect a climax of that sort in a slow moving film. Actually I watched movie more than 10 times now just for the climax. I am to hesitant to say more about the movie because if someone hasn't seen it yet which is odd,but just in case i don't want to spoil the excitement of the movie.

The movie was nominated for 7 Oscars. Besides it also won several other awards. Definitely "The Shawshank Redemption" must have been 'a must see' film of that time and still is......
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?